Saturday, May 05, 2018

RAFM Ghouls - 3892 and 3894




I've recently hunted through my piles, stacks, and drawers full of miniatures looking for ghouls and ghasts to paint up.  I found these two old RAFM blisters I probably purchased from the discount bin of a hobby store fifteen years ago.  These miniature sculpts are certainly waaaayyyy older than that.  I have posted minis going back to the original AD&D packs and it's amazing to see the difference in sculpting over the decades.  The lost minis wiki says these were sculpted by Bob Murch but doesn't give a timeframe when they were originally produced.

The packaging technically says they're ghouls; but I painted them up using the ghast schema of a warped and colorful arm like I did with my other bones ghasts.  Thinking about it, I probably should have done both arms to give more color to the model.  Either way, they're going to be a whole lot of ghastly (or ghouly) fun on my gaming table.


No comments: