Friday, December 11, 2020

Reaper Miniatures Kallaguk, Troll King - 77267

 



So much to say about the miniature - this is just a fantastic fun piece and I can't wait to bring this onto the tabletop - it's going to be so much fun.  It's a Jason Wiebe sculpt - what more can I say, I have hundreds of miniatures still waiting to be painted on the shelf from various previous kickstarters.  I pull stuff off the shelf that I think looks cool and useful for my games - they just happen to be Wiebe sculpts.

I started painting this one many many many moons ago and it sat around on the table and received paint whenever the thought hit me to apply some leftover paint - so it has a bit of this and that and is true "fantasy" in color versus a realistic fantastical creature.  However, I think it somehow works and I've gotten to a point with it that I just don't see where adding more paint is going to be helpful and therefore I'm calling it done.

The version of the figure I have is from the kickstarter versus the metal version - as an original bones miniature it has a major failure - the bones pvc material is too flimsy and the heavy solid upper body doesn't "stand" on the two legs - hence the support piece I had to put into the middle from the base to keep the entire miniature from collapsing forward.  I noticed on Reaper's website that as of today, they are still selling this model in original bones - that's sad - nobody should actually purchase this in bones and Reaper should immediately convert this model over to their bones black.  It's a fun model that'll get a lot of ooh's and aahh's at the table and while the metal version is great, it's 5x more expensive at $26 as of this writing.

Kickstarter paint total: 150 + 1 Troll King = 151



No comments: