Thursday, January 11, 2024

DGS Games Ar-Grush - 100003




I picked up this model at the 2017 Reapercon from the vendor DGS Games who was there showcasing their models and a scrimmish game called Freeblades. I met Julie Price and she showed off their beautiful models and this one caught my eye because not only is it a great looking model but I figured it would be easy to incorporate into a D&D game as a forest monster. As a small gaming company, the pricing is a bit on the high side - I paid $24.99 at the time but I see on the website the model is now $29.99.

While most of their models have the sculptor name - unfortunately this one does not.

I dug out the Reaper paints on this one along with Vallejo ink. I also can't say enough about using the Golden Maple Drybrush Set. Previously this model sat on the shelf because I was frustrated with drybrushing. With these new brushes, there's lots of control of the drybrushing process - highly recommended and makes the process fun!

Painting instructions for Ar-Grush (used Reaper paints)...

Step 1: Undercoat model with black primer
Step 2: Use Ruddy Brown on entire model
Step 3: Use a 50/50 mix of Vallejo Sepia ink with water on entire model
Step 4: Drybrush Rich Leather on fur
Step 5: Drybrush Suntan Flesh on fur
Step 6: Drybrush Dwarven Flesh on fur
Step 7: Use Dirty Grey on teeth
Step 8: Use Crimson Red on gumline and inside mouth
Step 9: Use Armor Grey on paw pads
Step 10: Use Dragon Black on claws, nose, and eyes
Step 11: Use Dragon Black was on paw pads
Step 12: Use Dirty Grey to highlight claws and nose
Step 13: Use Entrail Pink on tongue
Step 14: Use Snow White on teeth
Step 15: Use Dragon Black on base
Step 16: Drybrush Vallejo Cold Grey on rock
Step 17: Drybrush Vallejo Stonewall Grey on rock


No comments: