Excuse the quality of the pics - this is a good size "miniature" from Reaper and the camera had major difficulties providing a macro focus on a figure this large. I've put a single knight up against the Hydra for scale in the last two pictures. This Hydra has five heads and towers over everything on the board. I painted this one up over the past weekend as Hurricane Harvey was dumping rain everywhere canceling all outdoor events and forcing me to sit down and paint. I needed a hydra in my upcoming D&D campaign, so this figure was bumped to the top of the list.
I originally was going to go with more of an alligator/crocodile paint scheme - which would have a more yellowish/creme underbody and a complete green body. However, the more I thought about it I wanted a fantasy look and therefore I choose the purple on the scales. For the underbody, I then moved to more of an orange based coloring with neutral tones for highlighting.
This was pretty much a straight up drybrush event starting with Imperial Purple to Tentacle Pink; Scaly Green to Vile Green mixed with Rottting Flesh; and Fiery Orange to Dwarf Flesh mixed with Bleached Bone.
Kickstarter paint total: 54 + 1 Hydra = 55 (should count as 5 - one for each head)