Monday, October 15, 2018

Reaper Miniatures Troll - 89041




This is a great looking troll model sculpted by Jason Wiebe and cast in bones.  The original is a metal model within the Pathfinder line.  I love the Resident Evil style mouth and the figure has great movement sculpted into the pose.

The model was painted a bit at a time so I don't recall exactly my steps.  I believe I used Sick Green as a base coat.  Then covered that with Goblin Green.  Then a mix of Goblin Green and I think Escorpena Green for highlights and I might have added a bit of Sun Yellow for final highlights.  Then washed that all back down with a heavily diluted Sick Green.  The belly I used the Goblin Green with Bonewhite and after a few layers added just a bit of Sun Yellow.  The warty lumps on the model I first hit with Hexed Lichen and then put a dab of Sun Yellow on top.  The lump of hair on the back was based coated with Terracotta and then drybrushed with a bit of Vermin Brown and then just a dab of Bonewhite to the mix for a light drybrush final highlight.  Teeth and claws started with Desert Yellow with Bonewhite highlights - the teeth received a final highlight of Dead White.

Kickstarter paint total: 118 + 1 Troll = 119

No comments: