Sunday, October 05, 2014

Reaper Miniature's Townsfolk Beggar - 2584A

  


Another time lapse - it's been awhile since the eyebeast - that's what kinda happens during the spring and summer.  I actually started painting this figure earlier in the summer when I had a friend over to paint and just recently found time to finish.

This is the beggar from the Reaper Miniatures Townsfolk II pack (2584) which includes the bar girl and the smithy.  This is a great miniature for use in a D&D/Pathfinder game as either the evil/good wizard in disguise that the party encounters early in the campaign and can either help or hinder the party later in the campaign depending upon how they treat the beggar.

Painting instructions for Beggar:

I didn't keep great notes on this one - so it's going to be more of an approximate, but I did a mixed compliments on the color wheel.  The shirt and pants are red and green.  The makeshift cloak is split between blue and orange.  Both of those sets are opposites on the color wheel (complimentary).  Normally you wouldn't mix the two on the same model, but I felt that the two were distinct to the eye and would work.  I like the end result.

I stuck to a neutral color (tans) on the patches - I figured there was already enough various colors and making those anything other than neutral would distract rather than enhance.  The beard was in the ghostly grey colors.

This one is old fashioned metal - so no update to the Kickstarter total.


No comments: