Sunday, January 07, 2024

Reaper Miniatures Townsfolk: Innkeeper - 77084

 


Wow! So I did one more test - I painted this the other day using the Vallejo Xpress Color paints and gave it a day - simple paint job which is how I see the Xpress paints being used - I need a quick innkeeper at the bar for my game.

I used grey primer and then did the slapchop thing with a drybrush of Dead White.  The Xpress Colors were Velvet Red for the shirt, Mystic Blue for the pants, Dwarf Skin for the head and arms, Black Lotus on the boots, Space Grey for the hand towel and hair, Copper Brown for the mug, and then Templar White for the apron. Pretty quick paint cause you need to get it on the table.

And then curses, I sprayed it with Testors Dullcote. The best way to explain it is if someone threw bleach on the model as the colors literally bleached out - except for the Space Grey on the hand towel and the Templar White for the apron - somehow those survived - weird? The Velvet Red took the worse and the Mystic Blue wasn't too far behind in the damage department. Again, I know the Testors product is good as the base greys and black are using Vallejo's Game Color and those are good with that perfect flat look which I love about the dullcote.

At this point I've ruled out using Testors Dullcote on Vallejo Xpress Color. One alternative is to just not throw a protective coat on the model. Another alternative is to try a different brand of matte spray or spray Vallejo's matte from an airbrush and see what happens.

Kickstarter paint total 204 + 1 Innkeeper = 205


No comments: