Monday, May 15, 2023

WizKids Spectator and Gazers - WZK73717

 



Looks like it has been awhile since I broke open a WizKids model - I have so many great models but they've taken a backseat to the specific ones I needed for the campaigns I'm running.  Actually, I grabbed this one because the model that came in the Lost Mines set that I purchased off Etsy is a Beholder and not a Spectator (the Beholder is a wicked cool print and I'll work on it another time) and I happened to have this model sitting in a bag of monsters to paint.

This set also comes with a couple of Gazers - I slapped some paint on them as well.

Painting instructions for Spectator (used my Vallejo Game Color)...

Step 1: No need to primer - already done
Step 2: Use Sick Green on body and stalks
Step 3: Use Vallejo Game Wash watered down on body and stalks
Step 4: Use Goblin Green to highlight body and stalks
Step 5: Use Royal Purple on main eye and gums
Step 6: Use Hexed Lichen on mouth and tongue
Step 7: Use Warlord Purple on tongue and as highlights on gums
Step 8: Use Squid Pink on tongue
Step 9: Use Scorpion Green on stalk eyeballs
Step 10: Use Black to carve out the eyeball and base
Step 11: Use Bonewhite to carve out the eyeball and teeth
Step 12: Use Dead White on eyeball and teeth
Step 13: Use Black to place slit in eyeball and stalk eyeballs
Step 14: Drybrush Cold Grey on base
Step 15: Drybrush Stonewall Grey on base