Saturday, February 11, 2023

Mantic Games Abyssal Gargoyles (Winged Succubi)

 




Following up on the Green Dragon, my next venture into airbrushing was to see what I could do with red, orange, yellow on some models my son had left over from an Abyssal Kings of War army he built half a dozen years ago.  They've been sitting on my shelf as I thought the sculpts were pretty good and I figured they could be used in a D&D encounter.  In the Kings of War game they represent Abyssal Gargoyles although they don't look like your traditional gargoyles - they look more like winged succubi to me.

What I was trying to do with these figures is to learn how to blend colors together with an airbrush and how tight I could get the airbrush to be in order to get realistic highlights.  I did get some "spitting" which occurs when you get to the end of the paint in the airbrush pot - I learned it's better to be a little wasteful and always have some paint in the pot at the end.  I did no brushstrokes on these other than to tidy up the sides of the base with black paint.

I do have lots of models from Mantic Games from their Dungeon Saga board game and after painting these I'm really looking forward to getting those miniatures opened and painted.  They have some really awesome looking sculpts and an unique look to their models.  My only disappointment is they don't credit the sculptor on their product nor the website so I can't attribute these models - much like the Wizkids unpainted line.


No comments: