Thursday, December 10, 2020

WizKids Lich - WZK90020



This is the "other" mini in the 90020 package titled Lich & Mummy by Wizkids.  So in my mummy post I noted I wasn't exactly a fan of the translucent plastic piece.  However, in this model, I think the translucent plastic was well thought out and well done.  I was able to give it a wash of watered down purple and it worked out very nice - the skeleton coming out of the ground was cool enough but this bit of translucent plastic really ties the skeleton to the lich.

I've been playing with using more premade washes lately on these gaming models and with this one I wanted a "dirty" look.  Some it came out okay, the black wash I think needed to be watered down a bit.

Painting instructions for Mummy (used Reaper paints)...

Step 1: No need to primer - already done
Step 2: Use Desert Tan on skeleton
Step 3: Use Brilliant Red on robes
Step 4: Use Twilight Purple on inner robe and collar
Step 5: Use Sunburn Flesh on skeleton's leather bits
Step 6: Use a dark silver (it's a sample bottle so no name) on skeleton's metal bits
Step 7: Use Artic Grey on cloud structure
Step 8: Use Dwarven Gold on robe trim
Step 9: Use Dragon Black on base
Step 10: Drybrush Vallejo's Cold Grey on rock
Step 11: Wash bones with Vallejo's Flesh Wash
Step 12: Wash cloud structure with Vallejo's Pale Grey Wash
Step 13: Wash robes and armor with Vallejo's Black Wash


No comments: