Monday, September 04, 2023

Reaper Miniatures Lurien, Ghost - 3170 and Even More Contrast Paints

 


Back to the metal - I love metal - don't ever take my metal away! Just something nice about the feel and weight of a metal model that is lovely.

And back to the contrast paints - or as Vallejo call them Xpress Color. This time I wanted to try a metal model undercoated with white and I figured this ghost was perfect. No need to overthink this - just apply a single color.

This is another interesting experiment because the paint wants to dive into the depths of the model - which is fine but doesn't necessary mean that it's going to leave the highlights and shadows that you'd normally give a model thinking about the light source. On the other hand it does give the model character and depth with little to no effort. I was also able to manipulate the paint a little bit before it starts to set and dry. You can kind of pull it to thin it down in areas to give a lighter effect - but it's a bit tricky. Some areas I was successful on and others not so much.


No comments: