Saturday, May 20, 2023

D'Artisan Shoppe - WetnDri

I can't recall ever doing a product review but I'm quite pleased with a recent purchase of a wet palette but this also includes a dry (dri) palette.  I came across D'Artisan Shoppe once before on Amazon for some brushes and they were okay but not really my style.  From that initial purchase I occasionally receive product info they send out and I received an advert for their WetnDri palette - I normally just use a paper plate, a folded paper towel, and my own cut out parchment paper that I steal from the kitchen.  It works - but palette was reasonably priced on Amazon so I thought it worth the try - works pretty well!

First - whoever is doing the packaging at the D'Artisan Shoppe is a genius.  The packaging is as good as any coming from Apple, Samsung or Google for a high end electronic product.


The palette comes in this lovely box that when you open, it has this nice Thank You message with a QR code to their website to sign up for more information or to send a message about your product.  Fully opening the package gets you to the palette which has a great strap with their logo holding the three sections together with another note explaining the various features of the palette.  Even the sponge pad has their logo stamped into it...

So how did it work...
Well as you would expect - it's science - the moisture from the pad seeps through the parchment paper  into the paint at about the same rate that evaporation occurs which keeps the paint at a pretty constant  to work with while painting your model.  The parchment paper is included and cut to the dimensions of the pad - I think there's 50 pieces which should last me a long time and I could use my own but quite honestly their prices for the pre-cut on Amazon were reasonable and saves me the labor and effort to do it myself.

Some of the other niceties are the various pieces - there's a bottom piece which holds the water, pad, and parchment paper.  Then there's the middle section which has a dozen or so wells for inks or paint you want to mix - I used one of the wells to setup my drybrush with just the right amount of paint.  Finally there's a top piece which works with a paintbrush holder to keep your brushes organized while you paint.  The entire setup is rather nifty.

Here's a picture of the next day after an evening of painting (you can see the primered model in the earlier pictures and the finished model below) - the paint remains decently usable even though I left it all open overnight (probably would be perfect if I put the middle section on the bottom to keep it sealed) because I was done with the model and didn't actually need the paint anymore.


This ends up being the product I didn't know I actually needed - two thumbs way up!

No comments: