Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Reaper Miniatures Halloween Tree - 3692


I found this awesome figure at the local hobby store about a week before Halloween.  It's a metal model which is awesome and I added a base and a few items to give it some character.  I then painted it on the night of Halloween!

Unfortunately I didn't pay too much attention to the pots of paint I was grabbing.  I used Reaper's paints on this one and I think exclusively out of the MSP HD line.  I think the main bits were:


  • The pumpkins were based in Umber Brown and then painted up using Burning Orange and Fireball Orange.  
  • The tree itself was just a lot of brushwork starting with Charred Brown, Umber Brown, Golden Brown, Desert Tan, Tusk Ivory, and Maiden Flesh.
  • Bucket was Rusty Red over a brown base.
  • Owl was Golden Brown and Griffon Tan.
  • The base was Dirty Grey with blotches of Field Grey, Mossy Green, and just a little bit of Candlelight Yellow.

This is another Jason Wiebe sculpt and there's something about his models that just sing to me and make me want to get the paints out.

No comments: